Opportunity comes in many shapes and sizes but a consistent limiting factor compliance—the set of rules (written or unwritten) that one must follow to participate in a prosperous endeavor.
Examples of products that make compliance easier:
- Mosey automating employment and tax compliance to simplify hiring remote and staying compliant
- Stripe Atlas start a company and get access to financial infrastructure from anywhere in the world
- Legalpad solving immigration and work visas
- Gusto payroll and benefits without having to figure out tax filings
- Vanta navigate security certifications to sell to regulated customers
Links to this note
Where you live and work is highly dependent on where you grew up. A recent study using data from the U.S. Census Bureau looking at migration patterns found that 80% of young adults move less than 100 miles from where they grew up—90% live less than 500 miles from where they grew up. Migration distances are shorter for Black and Hispanic individuals and those from low-income families.